- 1 medium Sweet Potato - shredded
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons flour (I used Gluten Free Red Mill blend)
- 4 oz Sharp Cheddar - shredded
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix with your hands, until well combined.
- Spray the hot waffle iron with non-stick spray and place ¼ of the mixture in each square (my waffle iron makes 2 waffles, so I make half of the recipe at a time).
- If you plan on serving right away, you can cook it until the waffles are golden brown, and crispy. If you plan on making this recipe ahead then you can undercook the waffles by 2 minutes, freeze them, and throw them in the toaster once you are ready to serve. If making a large batch ahead of time, you can also warm them up in the oven.
Combine 1 cup plain yogurt, 1 small cucumber (small diced), juice of 1/2 lemon, one tablespoon of fresh chopped dill and mix well. Tzatziki makes a great dipping sauce for these waffles!
Do you like this post?Can't view or post comments until you login.