While there are hundreds, if not thousands, of ready-made clay masks on the market, I'm not interested in any of them, regardless of their claims. What I know for sure, and what has been proven here at The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, is that we can all get a lot more out of dry clay. With a dry clay powder, you can add whatever you need, want, or like. Unlike pre-mixed clay masks, you will know exactly what has gone into your mask, and you can make as little or as much as you want. One teaspoon goes a long way and the rest of your clay isn't at risk of getting old or dried up like pre-mixed versions! This month, try Moroccan Red Clay...
Benefits of Moroccan Red Clay:
- Detoxifies skin
- Lessens dryness
- Enhances skin clarity
- Enhances skin elasticity
- Removes oil
- Removes blackheads
- May be used as daily cleanser
- May be used as a facial scrub (with other ingredients)
- May also be used as a hair and nail treatment
Red Clay, Turmeric, & Honey Mask:
- 1 tbs red clay powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbs honey
- hot water
- Put clay, turmeric, and honey in a glass or plastic bowl
- Add hot water a tablespoon at a time until the clay has reached the desired consistency
- Mix with plastic fork, spoon, or whisk
- Apply with finger or with a brush, depending on your desired consistency
Turmeric stains, so be sure to utilize utensils you don't mind staining, or those that cannot stain.
Get Your Red Clay and Save $5:
Get this clay from Vitacost and save $5 when you spend $30 or more. Start your shopping list today! Check out our other posts in the month of April for more shopping list ideas.
New York Times best selling author, keynote speaker and workshop leader, founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.