This is My Face:
This is my face at 8pm after being awake since 3am. I am wearing no makeup and there is no filter on this photo. This is also my natural hair with no pressing––just washed and blow-dried. This is me right before bed. This is how I went to sleep and this is how I woke up.
I love my skin. It is as close to perfect as I can expect. I feel the same way about my hair but I will save that for another post.
I get a lot of questions about my skincare routine, especially since soft launching my own product line with a 100% earth derived mask, toner, and moisturizer, and I find myself answering the same questions over and over again.
I have written about my beauty and lifestyle habits for well over three years now and it seems the information on these blogs isn't reaching everyone with inquiries. Frankly, I can't keep repeating myself!
So, here is a recap of my beauty regimen and overall beauty lifestyle:
- I eat exceptionally well and drink mostly water, at least 2 liters a day. I also workout for 45 minutes, daily. My diet and exercise routine can be found here.
- This is the beginning of any beauty regimen. If you don't eat right, sleep well, drink lots of water and mostly water, and keep your body in shape, you will never be cute––ever. You can find my Top 5 Beauty Secrets here.
I use only organic and non-toxic products on my skin and around the house. Chemicals are toxic––always have been an always will be. You are a product of nature and your products should be, too. You can view my 2014 Juice Beauty AM/PM Routine here. I combine that with my TRIPLE-M TRIO routine, which you can see here. As for the products I use around the house, you can see my reviews of The Honest Company here.
A Few More Tips:
- Unless you have a hereditary issue, you are causing your skin issues.
- Poisonous products, including cosmetics and detergents, do more harm than good over time and you cannot fix the problem with the problem.
- Your skin produces excess oil in order to protect itself from all the poisons in your body and on your skin. When you begin to treat your body right and use only organic and non-toxic products, you will see your skin, hair, nails and overall quality of life improve.
- Dark circles under the eyes, unless genetic, are caused by a poor diet, not enough sleep, and not enough water. Also, as we age, the skin under our eyes thins and becomes more transparent and the blood under the eyes becomes more obvious. That blood also tends to pool as the capillaries become enlarged. Massage this area with ice in a paper towel to help circulate the blood and tighten these capillaries. My Monty Clay also helps with this issue as it circulates the blood under the eye. Mix with caffeinated tea and cucumber puree for an extra boost.
- Beauty is a lifestyle, not a product line. Stop trying to fix your issues with topical remedies when the problems stem from within. You can't expect to treat your body like crap and wake up looking like a goddess! When you do what's right, your beauty products and cosmetics become less complicated.
There are lots of tips here on this site that I have been collecting over the past several years. Please search and find the answers you're looking for before asking a question on Instagram or Twitter.
I am doing the work.
Now, it's your turn!
New York Times best selling author, keynote speaker and workshop leader, founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.