I'm not sure why, but most millions of women have this thing about make-up; they don't seem to be comfortable or confident without it!
This is the beginning of a cycle to unhealthy skin. You see, the majority of women who wear make-up, are using poisonous cosmetics, filled with chemicals that are just eating away at your skin, causing breakouts, and changing the skin's natural PH balance, leaving it dull and lifeless. In response to what traditional make-up does to their skin, they cover up these issues with more make-up!
Does this sound like you?
The fact of the matter is that you would be prettier without all that gunk and if the make-up you did use were natural and organic and used very sparingly. Take a look at What's In My Make-Up Kit to see what I wear cosmetics. I, certainly, don't wear make-up every day or even every week! I prefer my face clean and luxuriating in antioxidants after My 10 Step AM/PM Juice Beauty Regimen.
SO, HERE'S THE CHALLENGE:
- Stop Wearing Make-Up: From this point forward, leave the house with a fresh, clean, moisturized face –– and that's it! Sure, a little mascara and lip gloss is fine, but put nothing on your face.
- Cleanse/Rinse Twice a Day: Because you won't be wearing a butt load of disgusting cosmetics, there will be less need to wash your face, stripping it of essential oils that can, actually, help your skin heal itself! Try washing with a gentle, pure, or organic cleaner at night (before bed) and, then, rinsing your face in very warm water in the morning before moisturizing. If you use a topical medication for acne, rosacea, or the like, be sure to medicate before moisturizing.
- Exfoliate Twice a Week: Every few days, you'll feel top of your nose getting a bit rough. This is a good sign it's time to exfoliate. Use a Buf-Puf or similar exfoliating pad to remove the dead skin, oil, dirt, and product that will build up over those few days. (This is why switching to organic products is best. Organic build up is, actually, very good for the skin.)
- Buy Organic: For years, I have been telling you about Juice Beauty, an organic skincare and cosmetics line. You need to buy this stuff. You just have to. I'm not even suggesting at this point. Now, I'm just demanding. To get you started, grab the Age Defying Solutions value kit for just $39. I started with this kit several years ago and it changed my life. As for make-up, use My Make-Up Kit as a guide. Less it more!
- Take and Share Photos: Each week that you complete the Clean Face Challenge, post a picture of that pretty, clean face on Instagram and tag me (karrineandco)! Share your experiences with your female followers and invite them to participate. Let me know how your skin changes over time and if the challenge works for you. I'd like to post your stories on the Gorgeous Blog over the next three months.
So, do you think you can do it? Are you confident enough? Scared? Hesitant?
New York Times best selling author, keynote speaker and workshop leader, founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.