- 5 Tablespoons EVOO
- 1 yellow onion – finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 14 oz can fire roasted tomatoes (including juice)
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce (I prefer Squid Brand)
- 3 crushed garlic clovees
- 1/2 lemon - juiced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 LB Cod/Halibut/or Bass – cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- · Pinch of dry Oregano, Thyme, Rosemary (I have a mix on hand at all times, because I use it so often)
- Salt & Pepper
Heat the EVOO and add in the onion, and garlic. Saute until translucent (about 4 minutes). Add in the tomato paste and stir slightly, letting the paste caramelize at the bottom (be careful not to burn it) then add the white wine, and scrape the bottom of the pot with a soft spatula. Add in the tomatoes, Parsley, lemon juice, Tabasco, dry seasonings, salt/pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes until the flavors have all come together, and the wine has cooked off.
Add in the fish and simmer for about 5 more minutes, until fish is cooked through.
Serve with a toasted baguette!