1 ¾ cups almond milk (or other dairy milk substitute)
1 cup oats
¼ cup raw almonds (or other raw nuts)
¼ cup golden raisins (or other dried fruit)
3 dashes cinnamon
2 dashes nutmeg
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon almond extract
2 teaspoons sugar
drizzle of honey
- In a saucepan, bring milk to a simmer using medium-high heat.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, and both extracts.
- Whisk and reduce heat to low.
- Add oats and whisk.
- Cover and let cook, whisking every few minutes until oats are cooked (see package directions)
- When cooked, plate in large bowl. Sprinkle with nuts and fruits and drizzle with honey
[NOTE] To help oatmeal cool while eating, add cold milk to the border of the oats, all around the bowl.
New York Times best selling author, keynote speaker and workshop leader, founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.