Warm Winter Banana Raisin Nut Oatmeal
1 ¾ cups almond milk (or other dairy milk substitute)
1 cup oats
¼ cup raw almonds (or other raw nuts)
¼ cup golden raisins (or other dried fruit)
3 dashes cinnamon
2 dashes nutmeg
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon almond extract
2 teaspoons sugar
drizzle of honey
- In a saucepan, bring milk to a simmer using medium-high heat.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, and both extracts.
- Whisk and reduce heat to low.
- Add oats and whisk.
- Cover and let cook, whisking every few minutes until oats are cooked (see package directions)
- When cooked, plate in large bowl. Sprinkle with nuts and fruits and drizzle with honey
[NOTE] To help oatmeal cool while eating, add cold milk to the border of the oats, all around the bowl.