The Perfect Meatball
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb pork Italian sausage (no casing)
- seasoned salt
- Adobo seasoning
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- pork and beef grilling seasoning (something robust and smokey)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups Panko crumbs
- Preheat oven to $350º
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef and sausage. Blend with potato masher.
- Season to taste and continue to blend
- Add onion and blend
- Add egg and blend
- Add Panko crumbs and blend. Use your hands to finalize the blending process.
- Separate meat and form meatballs by rolling them between your palms. The size of your meatballs are up to you.
- Place meatballs on foil lined baking sheet and refrigerate for a couple hours or, better yet, overnight. This helps set the balls and keeps them from falling apart. Also, this allows your flavors to marry.
- When ready to cook, heat large skillet on medium high heat.
- Coat pan with olive oil
- Place meatballs in pan. Do not cover.
- Brown on all sides until full cooked.