Helloooo clean eating hack of the century! The hardest part about clean eating (and Whole 30) is the fact that you have to give up avocado toast (for me at least.) Well those days are now far behind me ever since I discovered that I can slice up a sweet potato, throw it in the toaster for 10 minutes, and top it with anything I darn well please! This seriously could not get any more simple, or delicious.
- Large Sweet Potato
- Any toast toppings you desire. For these three I used the following:
- Lox, Cream Cheese, Green Onions
- Avocado, Tomato, Green Onion, Chili Pepper Hot Salt
- Marscapone Cheese, Papaya, Raspberry
- Peel your sweet potatoes and cut the ends to fit into the toaster.
- Toast for 10 minutes (I do 2 rounds of 5 minutes so I can monitor the firmness) - No butter/oil required. Just slice and toast.
- Top with anything you want!
I specializes in clean eating and gluten-free meal preparation. Born in Russia, I spent summers at my grandmother’s house, near the Black Sea, where there was a plentiful garden, in an area where everything was grown and nothing was prepackaged or manufactured. There, I would go mushroom hunting and fishing with my grandfather and, every evening, we would gather around the outdoor stove where I helped prepare dinners.
My passion for cooking came from those summers.
After moving to America, I discovered The Joy of Cooking, by Irma S. Rombauer, inspiring me to attend the Art Institute of Los Angeles’ culinary program, becoming a private chef, soon after graduation.
In 2012, while in France, I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, prompting me to cease consuming gluten and developing a bevy of gluten-free, clean eating, and healthy-living recipes.
Since 2012, I have been teaching private cooking lessons, as well as providing meal-prep and catering services, in Southern California, upon request. If interested in any of the above services, and for any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.