Sweet Potato & Chorizo Hash
As you can tell by my posts, we eat A LOT of sweet potatoes in our house. This is one of my favorite recipes to make. It is so hearty, and satisfying, yet surprisingly on the healthy side. You can make the recipe as-is, or you can substitute the Chorizo for turkey/chicken sausage and make it "meal prep" friendly, if you're on a fitness restricted diet.
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed small
- 2 chorizo sausages
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs, over easy
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Chop up the chorizo into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a cast iron skillet, cook the chorizo until cooked through and a tiny bit crispy. Remove from pan.
- Add butter, diced sweet potatoes, and garlic to the pan. Cook on MED heat until sweet potatoes are cooked through, but not mushy.
- Add the chorizo back into the sweet potatoes and toss to combine.
- Plate and top with an over easy egg.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.