This summer, as with every summer, I am eating less and have less desire to slave over a hot stove. I want my meals fast and easy while remaining healthy and affordable.
Enter the versatile spinach salad.
Salads are a great way to get the nutrients you need in a quick, easy meal that won't leave you with that bloated feeling during these hot summer months.
- Raw spinach
- Strawberries, diced
- Kiwi, diced
- Goat cheese, crumbled
- Chicken thighs (or breasts), browned, chopped
- Herb blend for poultry
- Olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, except the chicken and seasonings
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic, and poultry herb blend (like Mrs. Dash)
- Heat olive oil in skillet at medium heat
- Place chicken in skillet and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side until browned and full cooked
- Remove chicken, place on cutting board, and chop
- Add chicken to other salad ingredients
- Serve with your favorite dressing
New York Times bestselling author and founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.