- 1 lb. chicken drummettes and wings
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 eggplant
- 1 cup black eyed peas
- ¼ cup Veganaise (or regular mayonnaise)
- 10 cups water
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup honey
- Use canned black eyed peas or raw peas. If using raw peas, soak for atleast 2 hours before boiling for 2 hours.
- Season chicken and potatoes with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, and rosemary.
- Add to baking pan and mix with Vegenaise, then, bake uncovered.
- Trim and cut eggplant in half
- Place eggplant on baking sheet, coated with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and garlic.
- Place eggplant in the oven and bake at 450˚ until fully cooked.
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil n small saucepan.
- Add couscous to boiling water, turn off heat source, and cover.
- When all components are finished cooking, plate.
- Drizzle couscous with honey and top with cashews and raisins
New York Times best selling author, keynote speaker and workshop leader, founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.