- 2 lbs. brussel sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 cub raw almonds, slivered
- ½ pound shrimp
- 4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup watermelon, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbl. olive oil
- garlic powder
- Place sprouts and almonds in a roasting pan, coated with olive oil and butter. Place the pan in the oven and roast at 425˚ for approximately 35 minutes.
- Bring salted water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Once water is at a boil, turn off the stove and add an equal amount of couscous. Cover and fork and five minutes.
- Add butter.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil, add butter.
- Add cleaned, deveined shrimp, salt, pepper, onion, and garlic. Sauté on high heat for just a few minutes until cooked and slightly browned.
- When all components are finished, pile them all on top of one another in a large bowl, starting with the couscous, then, Brussel sprouts, and shrimp. Top with diced watermelon, bacon crumbles, and goat cheese crumbles.
New York Times best selling author, keynote speaker and workshop leader, founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.