Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, Almonds and Sauteed Shrimp Over Buttered Couscous with Watermelon and Goat Cheese
- 2 lbs. brussel sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 cub raw almonds, slivered
- ½ pound shrimp
- 4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup watermelon, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbl. olive oil
- garlic powder
- Place sprouts and almonds in a roasting pan, coated with olive oil and butter. Place the pan in the oven and roast at 425˚ for approximately 35 minutes.
- Bring salted water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Once water is at a boil, turn off the stove and add an equal amount of couscous. Cover and fork and five minutes.
- Add butter.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil, add butter.
- Add cleaned, deveined shrimp, salt, pepper, onion, and garlic. Sauté on high heat for just a few minutes until cooked and slightly browned.
- When all components are finished, pile them all on top of one another in a large bowl, starting with the couscous, then, Brussel sprouts, and shrimp. Top with diced watermelon, bacon crumbles, and goat cheese crumbles.