Palmiers with Agave Strawberries and Creme Fraiche
These Palmiers (also known as Elephant Ears) are the best thing in my world right now. I served them with agave sweetened strawberries and creme fraiche (also know as creme fresh).
- 1 box frozen puff pastry dough
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tspn. cinnamon
- ½ lb. strawberries
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- dollop creme fresh
- Clean and cut strawberries and place in a container with agave syrup (sugar or stevia) overnight.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon, then, sprinkle a healthy mount onto countertop of large cutting board.
- Unfold puff pastry dough and place onto the sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle more sugar and cinnamon onto of pastry dough.
- Roll dough with rolling pin (I used a bottle of olive oil)
- Then, fold one side of the dough about 2 inches toward the center.
- Now, fold the opposite side the same way.
- Okay, now, fold both those sides into the middle.
- Finally, fold them onto each other.
- Cut the dough onto 1-inch strips.
- Place and position strips on greased back pan, cut-side up, flaring ends.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
When the Palmiers are done, serve the strawberries in a desert cup, smother with creme fresh, and adorn with a Palmier or two.