- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 3 cups filtered water
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Dash of vanilla extract (optional)
- Blend all ingredients until very smooth (we recommend using the vanilla only if you'll be consuming your oat milk in sweet, not savory, preparations).
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer, nut-milk bag, clean dish towel, or triple-layered cheese cloth, reserving liquid.
- Store in fridge until ready to drink, for up to a week.
New York Times bestselling author and founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.