Marinara Spaghetti Squash with Italian Sausage
It's Autumn, so that means hearty recipes are coming out of the woodwork! This is something my husband requests several times a month. We both work full time, and this recipe makes it easy to come home and whip up a hearty meal without all the calories. Spaghetti Squash is a life saver when eating clean. I mean there is nothing that you can't do with it, when it comes to subbing pasta out of your life. This meal takes 30 minutes from start to finish. It cannot be more simple!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash - cut in half and seeds cleaned out
- 2 cups Marinara sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lb Italian Sausage (not in casing)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped Basil
- Wrap each half of the cleaned Spaghetti Squash with plastic wrap, making sure there are no air holes. Microwave for 15 minutes. Once finished microwaving, remove plastic wrap and let cool.
- In a cast iron skillet cook the garlic for about 30 seconds, then add in the Italian sausage. Cook sausage all the way through, breaking up larger chunks into preferred size. Once sausage is cooked, drain the fat from the pan and add in the spaghetti squash, and Marinara sauce.
- Toss lightly and top with Parmesan cheese and finely sliced fresh basil.
VOILA! Serve with your favorite red wine.