It's Autumn, so that means hearty recipes are coming out of the woodwork! This is something my husband requests several times a month. We both work full time, and this recipe makes it easy to come home and whip up a hearty meal without all the calories. Spaghetti Squash is a life saver when eating clean. I mean there is nothing that you can't do with it, when it comes to subbing pasta out of your life. This meal takes 30 minutes from start to finish. It cannot be more simple!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash - cut in half and seeds cleaned out
- 2 cups Marinara sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lb Italian Sausage (not in casing)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped Basil
- Wrap each half of the cleaned Spaghetti Squash with plastic wrap, making sure there are no air holes. Microwave for 15 minutes. Once finished microwaving, remove plastic wrap and let cool.
- In a cast iron skillet cook the garlic for about 30 seconds, then add in the Italian sausage. Cook sausage all the way through, breaking up larger chunks into preferred size. Once sausage is cooked, drain the fat from the pan and add in the spaghetti squash, and Marinara sauce.
- Toss lightly and top with Parmesan cheese and finely sliced fresh basil.
VOILA! Serve with your favorite red wine.
I specializes in clean eating and gluten-free meal preparation. Born in Russia, I spent summers at my grandmother’s house, near the Black Sea, where there was a plentiful garden, in an area where everything was grown and nothing was prepackaged or manufactured. There, I would go mushroom hunting and fishing with my grandfather and, every evening, we would gather around the outdoor stove where I helped prepare dinners.
My passion for cooking came from those summers.
After moving to America, I discovered The Joy of Cooking, by Irma S. Rombauer, inspiring me to attend the Art Institute of Los Angeles’ culinary program, becoming a private chef, soon after graduation.
In 2012, while in France, I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, prompting me to cease consuming gluten and developing a bevy of gluten-free, clean eating, and healthy-living recipes.
Since 2012, I have been teaching private cooking lessons, as well as providing meal-prep and catering services, in Southern California, upon request. If interested in any of the above services, and for any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.