- 2 lb. lamb (steaks used)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups dry red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 6 sage leaves
- olive oil
- sea salt
- pepper, freshly ground
- garlic powder
- Season lamb with salt, pepper, and garlic. Rub seasoning into meat with olive oil.
- Place seasoned meat into plastic baggie. Add sage leaves and additional olive oil. Close bag and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes or more.
- Preheat oven to 425˚.
- Roughly chop celery, carrots, and onion. Place in food processor until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Heat olive in deep skillet or quart pan over high heat. When hot, place lamb steaks in pan to sear on each side for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove steaks from skillet and place in oven safe dish. Cover with foil and place in oven for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- In the same deep skillet or quart pan, brown chopped vegetables for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add tomato paste. Stir.
- Add beef stock and wine. Stir, cover, and simmer on low heat. Be sure to stir often.
- When lamb is cooked, remove from oven and shred with two forks.
- Add shredded lamb to sauce. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Turn off heat and let rest for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve over gnocchi or macaroni and cheese.