- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 oz Italian sausage, without casing
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 4 oz tomato paste
- 12 oz beer
- 42 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 cup black beans (cooked 2 hours prior or canned)
- 1 cup kidney beans (cooked 2 hours prior or canned)
- 1 cup garbanzo beans (cooked 2 hours prior or canned)
- Add the olive oil to a large quart pan
- Heat pan on medium-high heat
- Add onions and peppers, cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic.
- Add beef and sausage.
- Mash with potato masher, stir and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Drain contents of pot (if needed) with colander and return to pan.
- Add chili powder, cumin and oregano. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stir.
- Add beer and stir.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add diced tomatoes and beans.
- Simmer on medium-low for 2 hours, stir frequently.
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- Raw red onions
- Roasted corn
New York Times bestselling author and founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.