Ever since Chef Natalia posted her chicken patty recipe, I have been obsessed with it. So, I took to my kitchen and made my own version of this perfect recipe, making it a hit in my household, as it is in Natalia's.
Here's my version:
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ⅓ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup coarsely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 4 finely minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Lemon and Dill Yogurt Dip:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic (mashed)
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh dill (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Mango Kiwi Salsa:
- 2 mangos, diced
- 3 kiwis, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup onions, diced
- In a large bowl, combine all of the chicken patties ingredients and mash together until evenly distributed.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan on medium-high heat (enough to cover bottom of pan).
- Form desired sized patties and place in the heated pan. Turn the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt dip ingredients and give them a good stir.
- In a small bowl, combine mango kiwi salsa ingredients and fold.
I served the patties atop a bed of farro, dolloped with yogurt dip and topped with mango kiwi salsa. I can't explain to you how amazing this was and still is, since I am eating it everyday this week.
New York Times best selling author, keynote speaker and workshop leader, founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.