- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 cup diced red apples
- ⅓ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup coarsely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 4 finely minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Lemon Curry Yogurt Topping:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic (mashed)
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh dill (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 cup black rice
- 2 cups water
- For the black rice, bring water to a boil and add rice. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 20-30 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the chicken patties ingredients and mash together until evenly distributed.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan on medium-high heat (enough to cover bottom of pan).
- Form desired sized patties and place in the heated pan. Turn the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt topping ingredients and give them a good stir.
New York Times best selling author, keynote speaker and workshop leader, founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.