- 1 cup of milk (nut, whole, low-fat, etc.)
- 1 tbsp of freshly grated turmeric root, or 1 tsp of dry ground
- 1 tbsp of freshly grated ginger root, or 1 tsp of dry ground
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Raw honey to taste
- In a small saucepan, heat milk over low heat.
- Whisk in turmeric, ginger, pepper and cinnamon until frothy.
- Add honey to taste.
Alternatives & Benefits:
- For Golden Milk on-the-go, try Trader Joe's Organic Ginger Turmeric Tea bags, steeped in very hot milk. Try steeping in ¼ mug of very hot milk, then adding more hot milk after a deep golden color is achieved.
- Also, you can try Golden Milk Paste in a mug of hot milk, or you can make your own! See recipe below.
- Try adding one half teaspoon of Ghee to your Golden Milk!
- Read about the many benefits of Golden Milk here.
Turmeric Paste Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cup water
- ½ cup organic turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 piece ginger (½ the size of your thumb)
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tsp unrefined organic coconut oil
New York Times bestselling author and founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.