- Overly ripened plantains (black)
- Oil (for frying)
- Course Kosher salt
- In a large skillet, heat oil (about 2-3 inches) over medium/high heat
- Slice plantains on a bias at about an inch thick
- When oil is hot, carefully place slices of plantains in pan, being careful they are not touching
- Fry on each side until browned
- Remove from pan when fully cooked, place on brown paper bag to drain
- Sprinkle with salt
Do not place hot, cooked plantains on paper towels to drain; they will stick and you'll find yourself with more paper towel than plantain for dinner. Enjoy!
New York Times bestselling author and founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.