- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 6 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 5 applewood smoke chucked sausage links
- In a large sauce pan, bring water to a boil, add 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 teaspoons of olive oil then, add desired amount of pasta. Cook at medium heat.
- Heat large skillet at medium heat and add 2 teaspoons of olive oil, then onions and sausages.
- Season sausages and onions with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper and cover. Continue to cook on high heat, rolling sausages every few minutes until browned on all sides.
- Be sure to stir pasta every couple minutes.
- Once sausages are browned, lower heat to medium and removed from pan and place on cutting board to rest.
- Add jar of your favorite tomato sauce to skillet along with cherry tomatoes. Stir and let simmer.
- When pasta is done, strain, place back into the sauce pan, and drizzle with remaining olive oil so pasta does not stick. Cover and let sit.
- While sauce is simmering, continue to stir. Cut sausages on a bias and add to sauce, blending all ingredients.
- Plate pasta, cover with sauce and serve with a side of garlic bread and a side salad.
New York Times bestselling author and founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.