Okay, so I realize this looks amazing. My presentation was on point this day and this is how I did it...
- 1 lb. chicken
- 1 cup black beans
- 2 tbl. olive oil
- Pepper (fresh cracked)
- Garlic (fresh, minced)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp. ginger (grated)
This is my quick and easy curry recipe. Feel free to add other elements to your sauce like grape tomatoes, thyme, mushrooms, anything!
- Use canned beans or raw beans. If using raw beans, soak overnight, then boil for 2 hours.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic, curry
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet
- Add garlic and all other seasonings
- Add coconut milk
- Add chicken, cover and simmer
- For the rice, boil water and coconut milk. Add rice, stir, cover and reduce heat source to low heat.
- When all components are finished, plate and serve.
Try baking the chicken, first, then adding it to the simmer sauce OR creating the simmer sauce and, then, putting it with the chicken in a covered baking dish and into the oven.
I placed my rice in a small, round container, packed it tightly and let sit for a few minutes before turning the container upside down over a serving of black beans, creating the presentation you see, above. I was feeling frisky.
New York Times bestselling author and founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.