Chicken Salad with Bacon and Apples
This salad is the perfect Whole 30 meal prep for a busy work week. I usually make a batch that lasts me about 3-4 days worth of lunches. It is so simple, and so versatile. Since Whole 30 requires you to follow a very strict regiment it means that we can't just go and buy a whole rotisserie chicken from just anywhere. If you don't have time to roast your own, I highly recommend getting a ready to go rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods, as they offer one with no seasonings on it whatsoever. This is one of my favorite "go-to" Whole 30 shortcuts. That being said...here's the recipe!
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken - cut into small pieces (skin removed)
- 2/3 cup Whole 30 compliant mayo
- 1/2 lemon - juiced
- 4-5 pieces of bacon - cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup green onions - thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Tajin seasoning (add/deduct based on preference)
- 1 Honeycrisp apple - small diced
- Combine chicken, bacon, onions, apple in a large mixing bowl - mix with a spoon to make sure everything is distributed equally
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, mayo, Tajin seasoning.
- Combine all ingredients - mixing well to coat all of the chicken mixture.
- Portion out and eat!
To mix things up, I like to make lettuce wraps, or eat with fresh cucumber slices.