This recipe can be adjusted to include so many different flavors. I have put 3 of my favorites as options in this post. Though you can add honey/agave to this recipe, I chose not to because I am currently on week 2 of a Whole 30 cycle.
- 1 can thick coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened Almondmilk
- 1/4 cup Chia seends
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder (optional)
- Combine all of the above ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes so Chia seeds can re-hydrate and expand. This will create the pudding texture.
- Whisk again until everything is evenly combined.
- Place pieces of Papaya at the bottom of Mason jar, top with toasted coconut shreds, add Chia pudding base. Repeat until Mason jar is full. I like fruit and coconut to be the last layer.
- Place Rasberries (cut in half) at the bottom of the Mason jar, top with toasted coconut shreds, add Chia pudding base. Repeat until Mason jar is full.
- In a bowl, mix Chia pudding base, cocoa powder, instant coffee, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (if you're not doing Whole 30) and mix together. Once everything is combined evenly fill up the Mason jar and chill over night.
I specializes in clean eating and gluten-free meal preparation. Born in Russia, I spent summers at my grandmother’s house, near the Black Sea, where there was a plentiful garden, in an area where everything was grown and nothing was prepackaged or manufactured. There, I would go mushroom hunting and fishing with my grandfather and, every evening, we would gather around the outdoor stove where I helped prepare dinners.
My passion for cooking came from those summers.
After moving to America, I discovered The Joy of Cooking, by Irma S. Rombauer, inspiring me to attend the Art Institute of Los Angeles’ culinary program, becoming a private chef, soon after graduation.
In 2012, while in France, I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, prompting me to cease consuming gluten and developing a bevy of gluten-free, clean eating, and healthy-living recipes.
Since 2012, I have been teaching private cooking lessons, as well as providing meal-prep and catering services, in Southern California, upon request. If interested in any of the above services, and for any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.