At the beginning of the month I started the Whole 30 challenge. Even though I am allowed to have potatoes on the plan, I decided to take the "healthy" up a notch and take the unnecessary calories out of my daily meals. Since this salad makes a larger batch, I can make it on a Sunday and eat if as part of my lunch throughout the week. Replacing the carbs from potato to cauliflower allows for me to not feel as though I've had too heavy of a meal, while being equally fulfilling and delicious. So, here is my (Whole 30) twist on a classic potato salad recipe.
- 4 cups raw cauliflower, finely chopped
- 2-3 ribs celery, finely diced
- 3-4 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, chopped
- 1 tbsp mustard, yellow or dijon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup mayonnaise (WHOLE 30 COMPLIANT)
- ⅛ cup dill, fresh, chopped
- sea salt
- paprika as garnish
- Combine all vegetable ingredients and eggs in a large mixing bowl
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, and lemon juice
- Add mayo mixture to large mixing bowl and blend until combined
- Top with paprika and serve
I specializes in clean eating and gluten-free meal preparation. Born in Russia, I spent summers at my grandmother’s house, near the Black Sea, where there was a plentiful garden, in an area where everything was grown and nothing was prepackaged or manufactured. There, I would go mushroom hunting and fishing with my grandfather and, every evening, we would gather around the outdoor stove where I helped prepare dinners.
My passion for cooking came from those summers.
After moving to America, I discovered The Joy of Cooking, by Irma S. Rombauer, inspiring me to attend the Art Institute of Los Angeles’ culinary program, becoming a private chef, soon after graduation.
In 2012, while in France, I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, prompting me to cease consuming gluten and developing a bevy of gluten-free, clean eating, and healthy-living recipes.
Since 2012, I have been teaching private cooking lessons, as well as providing meal-prep and catering services, in Southern California, upon request. If interested in any of the above services, and for any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.