This is a simple and sinful way to give your breakfast a caramelized kick.
[WARNING] This is a super unhealthy, make once-a-year type of breakfast.
- Place bacon in baking pan
- Sprinkle with brown sugar
- Place in the oven at 350 to 425 degrees until cooked to desired crispness.
I like my sugar a bit burned, as you can see.
- Gently heat frying pan on medium low. Use a smaller pan for less eggs.
- Grease pan with a pat of butter and a drizzle of olive oil
- Crack eggs into pan, using the shell to hold the yolk still until egg firms
- Cook eggs slowly over medium low heat
- When cooked on one side (after about 3 minutes) gently begin to shift egg with a spatula, releasing it from pan
- When completely free of pan, flip egg. I may help to raise the pan, meeting the egg half way.
Eggs can be tricky to fry or even to scramble. The trick is to be gentle and use low heat. Also, there is never a reason to cook bacon on a stovetop. Always make bacon in the oven. No splatter!
New York Times best selling author, keynote speaker and workshop leader, founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.