Banana Bread with Eggnog Glaze
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack. Remove the banana bread from the pan. Slice and serve.
- ½ cup Eggnog (homemade or store bought)
- ½ cup Powdered sugar
- Mix both ingredients, adding more eggnog or sugar until you get the desired consistency.