Late last year, I hurt my spine while doing deadlifts, incorrectly of course. After that, I just couldn't workout and spent the next 9 months or so being very still. For months, everything I did hurt and it wasn't until recently that I realized the pain was gone. It seems my spine self-corrected and I could start working out again, without the fear of pain.
With the help of my new Technomed Fitness Waist Snatcher, I was able to remain aware of the positioning and aligning of my back while tackling wide leg deadlifts for the first time in nearly a year.
Here is My Technique:
- Wear waist brace for safety
- Wear exercise gloves for skin protection
- Stand with legs comfortably spread beyond the width of your shoulders
- Place weight(s) on the ground between your legs
- Be sure your feet are pointing straight forward
- Bend knees slightly
- Bend at waist with back straight not curved (looking at yourself, face-to-face in the mirror helps with this)
- Slowly lift weight off floor (2 equally weighted dumbbells or one kettle bell)
- Holding weight(s), stand up straight
You will find photo and video instructions of this exercise on the Nike Training Club app's Better Butt exercise.