- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons (fresh) Italian Parsley – minced
- 2 cloves of garlic – mashed
- 2/3 cup (fresh) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 eggs – beaten
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the coconut oil to a ceramic baking dish, and spread around.
- Cut the chicken breast in half, and then slice each half horizontally (making cutlets.)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper (be careful not to use too much salt, as the Parmesan cheese tends to be on the salty side.)
- In a medium bowl combine minced parsley, garlic, and Parmesan cheese.
- In a separate bowl, beat 2 eggs.
- First, dip each cutlet in the egg wash, then immediately transfer to the Parmesan bowl.
- Cover both sides of each cutlet with the cheese mixture, pressing it into the bowl so the cheese sticks to it better. Repeat with remaining cutlets.
- Arrange cutlets in the baking dish and sprinkle any left over cheese mixture on the top; bake for 25 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, immediately turn on the broiler to 500 degrees F.
- Broil the chicken on the top rack for 3-5 minutes, until cheese is golden and slightly crispy. Keep a close eye on it, while broiling, because it is very easy to burn it at this temperature.
Enjoy with a nice salad, or top a pasta (OR BOTH!)
Do you like this post?Can't view or post comments until you login.