I'm not going to tell you to throw your non-toxic facial soaps away. They will still have a place in your life after you've switched to oil cleansing –– a very small space. But, what I am going to tell you is that oil cleansing is my new favorite thing. It's fast, inexpensive, and so easy, I can do it lying down! Check out the video below.
The best thing you can do for your skin is leave it alone as much as possible. The more you scrub and use soap, the more you put on and remove make-up, the more you use product after product, the more your skin hates you. Keep it simple, Gorgeous!
- Drink 2-3 liters of water every 24 hours
- Cook your own food and follow a clean, organic diet -- allow a couple cheat meals each month
- Get a full 8 hours of sleep each night
- Keep your stress levels super duper low
- Do not wear foundation makeup
- Use raspberry seed oil for SPF protection, mixed with vitamin E or coconut oil
- Use a mud mask, weekly, but NOT a premixed mask -- make your own
- Use only organic, non-toxic shampoo and conditioner, and refrain from using chemical or oil laden styling products
- Clean and moisturize with coconut oil or other facial oils (avocado, almond, etc.) and a hot washcloth
No matter your skin type, your skin will love and behave well when you drastically reduce the amount of product you use on and around your face, including your hair and scalp. Seriously, keep it simple.
For those of you who think you can't life without make-up, you're wrong. Make-up will only make your skin worse the longer you use it, and as you age prematurely from the chemicals in your make-up, it will then settle into the lines and creases it causes, making you look even older. Also, sorry to break it to you, but it doesn't hide breakouts -- make-up only magnifies them. We can all see you have bad skin and all that foundation only makes it look worse. Even the worse skin looks better without make-up. So, while healing your skin, let it breathe!
Oil cleansing works, along with the other tips above. You will see results within a couple weeks, and those results will give you the courage to do less to your skin, while doing more for your skin.