Your brain might be in summer, but your body is in spring, and that means allergies. I am blessed to not be cursed with seasonal allergies, but alot of our girls are suffering this time of year. So, I'd like to offer a couple of posts about allergies that may help.
Essential Oils for Seasonal Allergies:
According to MindBodyGreen, a landmark clinical trial out of Korea in 2016 uncovered a super anti-allergy blend that helped all of the 61 patients tested not only reduce general hay fever symptoms—nose obstruction, sneezing, runny nose, and itchiness—but show marked improvement in quality-of-life measures like emotional health, sleep quality, and increased energy.
This was the blend used in the study:
- Ravensara: proved to be an anti-inflammatory due to containing a rich amount of 1,8-cineole.
- Frankincense: rich in a chemical, alpha-pinene, that has been known to reduce allergic symptoms.
- Sandalwood: rich in santalol, frequently used to relax the mind and body, which implies that it can have a similar effect on hypersensitive organs related to allergies.
The researchers neglected to tell us the exact ratio of each essential oil and which species they used during their clinical trial, but knowing what I know about aromatherapy, I would suggest this as an easy-to-make diffuser recipe to get you on the road to easing seasonal symptoms today!
Essential Oil Diffuser Blend for Seasonal Allergies:
- 3 drops frankincense sacra essential oil
- 2 drops Australian sandalwood essential oil
- 1 drop ravensara essential oil
- Fill the diffuser with water as directed.
- Add the essential oils.
- Turn on the diffuser first thing in the morning while you get ready for the day during allergy season.
- Use when you feel allergy symptoms set in.