So far, for this year’s Fourth Quarter Clean Up (#FQCU) we’ve dealt with some pretty intense items like credit, health insurance, and auto care. Just so you guys are clear, I am posting items as I do them –– I’m not just posting shit for you guys to do while I’m sitting around chillin’. We’re in this together!
Now, just a fun post.
Fall is here and winter isn’t that far away and, through it all, we’ll be doing some pretty serious work as we get our lives in order before the New Year. In the interim, it is chilly outside in most parts and it’s only going to get colder.
Your toes will be in socks and closed-toe shoes and your hands will be in your pockets and maybe even in gloves, sooner or later.
But, this doesn’t mean you should let your hands and feet fall by the wayside! So, take a break from some of the more important, life altering changes you are making during this FQCU and pamper yourself. Here are a few reasons why you should:
This also pertains to men, by the way.
- Your significant other will always appreciate your efforts when you continue to take care of yourself, year round.
- In business as well as in your personal life, people look at your hands and judge you by them. Your hands and nails say alot about you, how you feel about yourself, and how you want to be represented in the world.
- Fact is, when we look better, we feel better.
Now, if money is tight, you don’t have to go to a nail salon for a mani-pedi or a polish. Women, call a girlfriend or your mother over and make it a group effort! There are tons of videos and articles on how to give yourself a mani/pedi. Do a little research and find the one that works best for you.
You can always make up your own may, depending on the tools you have available to you. Whatever you do, however you do it, take the time to pamper yourself this weekend. You deserve it!
Here are a few ideas:
- No foot bath? Sit on the edge of your tub or use deep cooking pots from your kitchen! Fill with very warm water and maybe fragrant bath salts, oils, and lemon for a relaxing soak.
- No pumice stone? Mix sugar (brown, white, course, fine) and oil (oil, coconut, almond) into a paste and use it as a foot scrub. Place a big dollop on a washcloth for better handling.
- No cuticle pusher? Use the tip of your nail file or a cotton swab!
- No nail polish? Buff you nails with oil to bring them to a healthy shine. You can use a chamois or any piece of soft cotton flannel if you don’t have a professional buffing bar.
[NOTE] If you want to run out and get supplies, skip the beauty supply stores and their ridiculous mark-ups. Instead, head to the local drug store and look for cheaper brands!
- OPI: Dance in Red Square
New York Times bestselling author and founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.