Lighting just isn't important in the movies; you and your home need to be lit properly, as well.
- Be sure that your light bulbs are flattering to your home and to your face.
- Choose soft, diffused lighting all around the living areas of your home.
- Stay away from florescent lighting and, instead, opt for bright white lighting in the kitchen and vanities.
- If as at all possible, provide a dimmer light source in the bathrooms, like a small chandelier, and use under cabinet lighting in the kitchen instead of the overhead lighting when performing less precise tasks.
- And speaking of overhead lighting, try not to stand directly under a light source when your love is around -- it's a mood killer. Catch your best light and let him see you and your home in it.
The proper lighting will be very calming and less jarring to anyone who steps foot in your home, including your man of interest. Subconsciously, he will feel at ease around you and that warm glow bouncing off the walls in your home will reflect onto you. Everything he sees will be warm and welcoming, making your home a place he can spend lots of time.
New York Times bestselling author and founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.