How to Hem a Curtain Without a Sewing Machine
As a single girl with no sewing machine, you may think you are limited in your ability to hem stuff. I mean, you have though about hemming stuff, right?
Okay, well, just incase it comes up one day, here is an easy way to hem a curtain. In this instance, it's a kitchen curtain.
- Measure window from rod to desired length
- Measure curtain at that same length and add 4 inches
- Mark curtain with pencil
- Using that mark and a ruler, draw a horizontal line across curtain at desired length
- Cut along line
- Place hemming tape in position at cut and fold fabric over tape.
- Pin folded fabric in place across width of fabric with hemming tape tucked inside
- Cut hemming tape to size
- Iron the fold, slowly, removing pins as you go
- Cut any loose threads
When your explain to your guy that you took the time and have the know-how to hem a curtain, with or without a sewing machine, he will have flashbacks of the women who raised him or the women he wished raised him. There is something about a modern woman who embraces and practices traditional ways. There is a sense of comfort and safety a man gets from knowing he doesn't have to run back to his mother and grandmother or even to the cleaners when a button falls of his shirt. A man loves to know his woman can do it all!