For the past week, I have been drinking one pint of lemon water in the morning, just after waking up, and another right before bed. My purpose for doing so, initially, was to assist with the digestion and passing of food, however, there are plenty more reasons to include lemon water in your everyday diet and I encourage you to give it a try the Make Over Month.
- Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
- Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
- It balances maintain the pH levels in the body
- Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
- It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
- It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
- It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
- It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
- It helps cure the common cold
- The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
- It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute
- It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver In case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief
- It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
- It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems
- Aids in the production of digestive juices
- Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session
And there are more!
Squeeze the juice from half a lemon into a cup, then pour the juice into a bottle of water (one pint). Drink one pint of lemon water first thing in the morning and another before bed. This simple mixture is a great way to reduce belly bloat. You should see intestinal movement within 24 hours and other benefits over time.
New York Times bestselling author and founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.