I like to use The Honest Company's Shampoo & Body Wash as a clarifying shampoo when my usual shampoo has created a sufficient amount of build-up on my hair. I usually use a very rich, moisturizing system which contains hefty amounts of Shea butter and other oils, since my hair is naturally thick and curly. But, about once a month, I like to start from scratch, removing excess oils, keeping my hair light and bouncy.
Both come in a variety of scents and are worth a try for most women, even if just for clarifying. Understandably, ethnic hair has different needs than other sorts and this duo may or may not be moisturizing or detangling enough for some. This is why I enjoy using the product for clarifying and sticking with my ultra moisturizing system from Shea Moisture, for the time being.
I have just started using Honest's lightweight conditioner, as well, when clarifying my hair and, surprisingly, I really like it! My hair is soft and manageable after usage and, though I like to follow it up with my usual thick, rich conditioner, I appreciate not having to use too much of it to achieve my desired effect. What surprised me most is the conditioner's moisturizing ingredients.
I like this combo so much, along with their leave in conditioner, I have ditched my thicker, richer Shea Moisture system, which I realized had been weighing my hair down for months! With The Honest Company's lighter, non-toxic shampoo and conditioners, my hair stays lighter and oil free longer. Plus, the conditioner and leave-in scare away tangles with ease. I'm surprised and I'm sold!
HERE'S MORE ABOUT THE CONDITIONER:
- Lightweight and hydrating formula helps soften hair and eliminate frizz
- Luxurious argan oil, shea butter, and murumuru seed butter helps tame tangles and knots — pampering every strand!
- Jojoba protein and quinoa extract boost shine
- No harsh chemicals or synthetic fragrances (ever!) — honestly clean and satisfying
- Smile and enjoy soft, knot-free, tangle-free hair!
- For All Hair Types • Vegan • pH Balanced
HERE'S MORE ABOUT THE SHAMPOO & BODY WASH COMBO:
- Lavender essential oil helps calm and relax — sweet dreams!
- Aloe, chamomile, and calendula help gently soothe and nourish
- Coconut oil, jojoba protein, and quinoa extract help moisturize and soften skin
- Perfectly pH balanced to cleanse without over-drying
- No harsh chemicals or synthetic fragrances (ever!)
- Honestly clean and satisfying
- Tear-Free • Hypoallergenic • Pediatrically Tested • pH Balanced
BOTH ARE MADE WITHOUT:
- Synthetic fragrances
- Formaldehyde carriers
- Most common allergens
TRY THE HONEST COMANY FOR FREE:
If you aren't a member at The Honest Company and aren't ready to dive right in, you can order a FREE trial and pay only about $5 for shipping. I suggest ordering the Essential Bundle Discover Setas your trial gift, which comes with laundry detergent, shampoo & body wash, organic healing balm, face & body lotion, and hand soap. It's a great way to start! Get your FREE trial here.
New York Times best selling author, keynote speaker and workshop leader, founder of The Gorgeous Girl's Guide, Steffans Publishing Enterprises, and Karrine & Co.