Bentonite clay comes with a bevy of benefits for your hair, just as it does for your skin. Because of this, incorporating this clay into your shampoo routine is highly recommended! Getting started is easy, and as with any dry clay, the possibilities are nearly endless. Mix this clay with anything proven to benefit your hair type, or to improve or cure your most recent follicle and scalp issues, and you open the floodgates to a plethora of safe and natural solutions.
Top 5 Benefits:
- Bentonite is a good source of essential minerals such as calcium, potassium, and sodium.
- Bentonite promotes healthy hair growth by cleansing hair follicles and removing dead skin cells.
- Bentonite is great for getting rid of and preventing dandruff by effectively absorbing extra sebum from the scalp, which is a primary source of dandruff-causing fungus. While it soaks up sebum, it also scrapes off the dead skin cells, which eventually become dandruff flakes.
- Bentonite is an effective scalp detoxifier that draws out and soaks up toxins from hair and scalp. Regular usage of bentonite clay can keep your scalp free of infections –– both bacterial and yeast.
- Bentonite gives your hair a vibrant shine when you combine it with apple cider vinegar and water, for use as a hair rinse.
How to Make Your Clay Wash:
- Pour your favorite shampoo into a shower-safe container
- Add bentonite clay
- Add apple cider vinegar
- Blend into a paste