- Overly ripened plantains (black)
- Oil (for frying)
- Course Kosher salt
- In a large skillet, heat oil (about 2-3 inches) over medium/high heat
- Slice plantains on a bias at about an inch thick
- When oil is hot, carefully place slices of plantains in pan, being careful they are not touching
- Fry on each side until browned
- Remove from pan when fully cooked, place on brown paper bag to drain
- Sprinkle with salt
Do not place hot, cooked plantains on paper towels to drain; they will stick and you'll find yourself with more paper towel than plantain for dinner. Enjoy!
Do you like this post?Can't view or post comments until you login.