- 1 large eggplant
- Himalayan pink salt
- freshly ground pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- fettuccini or other pasta
- marinara sauce (jarred or homemade)
- fresh mozzarella cheese
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Clean and cut eggplant into 1-2 inch slices.
- Sprinkle eggplant slices with olive oil, and then, season with salt, pepper, and garlic and onion powders. Let rest.
- Beat eggs in a bowl.
- Mix 3 parts bread crumbs with 1 part flour in a large plate, bowl, or plastic bag.
- Pour olive oil in a large frying pan heat on medium-high flame.
- Dip seasoned eggplant slices in egg, then coat them in bread crumb and flour mixture. Place on separate plate to rest.
- Place coated eggplant slices in hot olive oil and fry until golden brown. Place on paper towel to drain.
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Prepare pasta.
- Place fried eggplant slices in large baking dish.
- Cover eggplant slices with marinara sauce and mozzarella.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, and serve over pasta.
Do you like this post?Can't view or post comments until you login.