- ARTICLE I: NAME & PURPOSE
Section A: Name – The name of this club shall be The Gorgeous Girl’s Guide, also known and referred to as The G3, and its subsidiary, The G3-750.
Section B: Purpose– The purpose of this club shall be:
1. To provide a methodology that supports growth and betterment to its members.
2. To provide support and direction to its members while experiencing shifts in growth and betterment.
3. To provide a safe and private space for its members to share experiences in their quests for answers and guidance.
4. To inform members of healthful practices and products, as well as provide a safe and welcoming space for members to share such information among eachother.
5. To help members strategize, focus, and prioritize in such a way that lends itself to a better quality of life, personally, financially, and professionally.
- ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP & DUES
Section A: Eligibility- Membership shall be open to all females, those who identify as female, and atleast 18 years of age, upon payment of the dues as outlined in Section B.
Section B: Dues– Dues shall be no less than $540.00 per year, and are subject to change.
- ARTICLE III: OFFICERS
Section A: Officers– The officers shall be a President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer, of each chapter of the organization, as well as its Chief Executive Officer and Founder. Combined, all officers make up the Executive Committee.
Section B: Eligibility– Officers must be active participants in the organization and its activities (i.e., website, live streams, fundraisers, etc.), which shall be determined by the evidence of collected social currency (G-Checks) on the club’s website.
Section C: Election– The officers shall be elected by ballot at the last meeting of the fall semester by a majority of the vote cast for that office, with the exception of the very first assignment of acting officers in preparation for the club’s initial elections.
Section D: Term– The officers shall serve for one year and their term of office shall begin at the commencement of the winter semester. Officers may serve for no more than two consecutive years.
Section E: Vacancy– If a vacancy occurs in the office of Chapter President, the Vice-President shall assume the office for the remainder of the term, and vacancies in any other office shall be filled by a special election.
- ARTICLE IV: DUTIES OF OFFICERS
Section A: President– it shall be the duty of the Chapter President to:
- Preside at chapter meetings
- Represent the club in her chapter, nationally, and abroad
- Appoint committee chairpersons subject to the approval of the Executive Committee
- Serve as an ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee
- Perform such other duties as ordinarily pertain to this office
Section B: Vice-President– It shall be the duty of the Chapter Vice-President to:
- Preside in the absence of the President
- Serve as chairperson of the Program Committee
Section C: Secretary– It shall be the duty of the Chapter Secretary to:
- Record the minutes of all meetings
- Keep a file of the club’s records
- Maintain a current roster of chapter membership
- Issue notices of meetings and conduct the general correspondence of the club
Section D: Treasurer– It shall be the duty of the Chapter Treasurer to:
- Receive all funds and process payments, and deposits.
- Keep an itemized account of all receipts and expenditures and make reports as directed.
- ARTICLE V: MEETINGS
Section A:Meetings – Regular online meetings for all members, in all chapters, shall be held monthly, on or around the first day of the month, at 7pm EST, throughout the year, with the exception of holidays and allotted time off. Pop-up meetings and special events will be more sporadic. Meetings are to be hosted by the Chief Executive Officer. In the absence of the CEO, one of the Chapter Presidents or special guests may preside. Chapter Presidents may hold chapter meetings at their discretion, with all minutes submitted to the Executive Committee, by the Chapter President, as taken by the Chapter Secretary, for review within 72 hours of meetings.
Section B:Special Meetings – Special meetings may be called by the CEO without the approval of the Executive Committee.
Section C:Quorum – A quorum shall consist of two-thirds (2/3) of the entire membership (for club motions) or individual chapters (for chapter motions).
Section D: Parliamentary Authority – Robert’s Rules of Orders, shall govern this club in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with these bylaws.
- ARTICLE VI: EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Section A: Responsibility– Management of this club shall be vested in an Executive Committee responsible to the entire membership to uphold these bylaws.
Section B: Membership– This committee shall consist of the officers as listed in Article III and the faculty advisor.
Section C: Meetings– This committee shall meet at least once between regular meetings of the club to organize and plan future activities.
- ARTICLE VII: ADVISOR
Section A: Selection– there shall be a faculty/staff advisor who shall be selected each year by the membership.
Section B: Duties– The responsibilities of the faculty advisor shall be to:
- Maintain an awareness of the activities and programs sponsored by the club.
- Meet on a regular basis with CEO and Presidents of the club to discuss upcoming meetings, long range plans, goals, and problems of the club.
- Attend regular meetings, executive board meetings as often as schedule allows.
- Assist in the orientation of new officers.
- Explain and clarify policy and procedures that apply to the club.
- Provide direction in the area of parliamentary procedure, meeting facilitation, group-building, goal setting, and program planning.
- Assist club treasurers in monitoring expenditures, fundraising activities, and corporate sponsorship to maintain an accurate and up-to-date account ledger.
- Inform club members of those factors that constitute unacceptable behavior on the part of the club members, and the possible consequence of said behaviors.
- ARTICLE VIII: COMMITTEES
Section A: Program Committee– A program committee composed of a Chapter Vice-President as chairperson and four other members shall be appointed by the Chief Executive Officer before the end of fall semester, whose duty shall be to plan the overall program of the club.
Section B: Other committees– Other committees shall consist of, but not be limited to: finance, publicity, membership, professional relations, social.
Section C: Special Committees– The Chief Executive Officer shall have the authority to appoint any special committees, with the approval of the Executive Committee, from time to time as need demands.
- ARTICLE IX: AMENDMENTS
Section A: Selection– these bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote of the chapter membership.
Section B: Notice– All members shall receive advance notice of the proposed amendment at least five days before the meeting. [The time may be extended to the following meeting.]
The G3 Constitution and Bylaws
Do you like this?Can't view or post comments until you login.