- 5 carrots - rubbed with olive oil and broiled in the oven for 15 minutes
- 1 medium onion - cut in half and rubbed with olive oil - broiled with the carrots for 15minutes
- 1 orange - juiced (I like to also cook the 2 orange halves with the soup and remove before I puree) - for an added flavor you can stud one of the juiced orange halves with a clove...just remember to discard the close before you puree the soup.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 inch fresh ginger - peeled (discard before pureeing the soup, unless you like the spiciness from the ginger)
- Cut the roasted carrots, and onion, into 1 inch pieces and combine in a pot with the remaining ingredients. You will want to taste the broth for saltiness, as you dont want to over salt since the mixture will reduce a bit while cooking.
- Boil for about 25 minutes on MED/HIGH heat, until the carrots are cooked through.
- Discard the ginger (again, you can leave it in if you like the spicy flavor,) orange halves, and clove if you used one.
- Puree the mixture in a blender, or using an immersion blender.
- Serve hot or chilled.
Do you like this post?Can't view or post comments until you login.